Booking terms & conditionsTERMS & CONDITIONS
We make every effort to provide you with the best services in a pleasant, friendly and homely atmosphere at all times. We strive for your complete satisfaction to provide a safe and secure journey to the best of our ability without any misunderstandings between your good-selves, Kilimanjaro Trekking Mate and the tour escorts.
We believe in forgiveness, gratitude, positive attitude and innovation and at times even go beyond legal formats to ensure that all the issues of guest/s are resolved in timely and friendly manner.
.Once you have agreed to the trip holiday arrangements with Shujaa tours & safaris the followings have to be considered.
For your Kilimanjaro trek 10% deposit will be required to confirm your climb with us as well as prepare your climb schedule. For safari you will need to pay a 20% down payment of the total for your safari arrangements to be confirmed. The rest of your payment will be cleared upon your arrival.
Your will make your payment ” Deposit ” through a wire transfer into our CEO Barclays Bank Account of Tanzania that we will provide to you with all details after confirming your trip with us and the rest will be paid upon your arrival. However A credit card, Master card, visa card are also accepted as you arrive here but kindly note that there is a 5% more bank charge fee.
Cancellations must be sent in writing to the office that confirmed the reservation. Cancellations shall only be effective from the date of receipt of cancellation by the booking office.
Shujaa Tours entitled to act as an agent or principal with regard to the provision of the services.
If a booking is cancelled the client is subject to a cancellation fee as follows:
40 days or more notice 75 percent of the TOTAL BOOKING COST shall be refunded.
39 – 20 days notice 50 percent of the TBC shall be refunded
19 – 10 days notice 25 percent of the TBC shall be refunded
9 – Days or less notice given no refund of the TBC shall be made.
NOTE : All changes in trekking Itineraries are free of charge until 10 days before departure and no any changes for trekking itineraries between 5 and 0 days.
Passports, Visas and other Travel Papers
- It is the client’s sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, health certificates, proof of vaccinations and any other documentation required are all in order for the countries to be visited.
- The Company cannot be held liable for any consequences, damages or claims if the client does not attend correctly to the client’s documentation and related matters prior to commencement of the tour.
- At any time, all baggage and personal effects are at the client’s responsibility and the Company does not accept any liability for any loss or damage of any personal effects, howsoever arising.
- Clients are entitled to one bag of not more than 15 kg (backpack or soft bag – no hardtop suitcase) and a day-pack. The Company reserves the right to refuse excess baggage. Please notice that on our trekking tours and on some “bush” flights other baggage regulations may apply.
- The client accepts that all tours are of an adventurous nature and involve an element of personal risk. Neither the Company nor any of its agents can be held liable in any way for any injury, loss of life or damage to property, howsoever caused. The client hereby indemnifies the Company and will hold the Company, its agent, assigns and servants harmless from any such claim.
- The client accepts full responsibility for all risks involved.
Authority on Tour
- The decisions of the Company’s guide/driver on tour shall at all times be final and binding.
- The client must at all times comply with the laws, customs and foreign exchange regulations of all countries visited.
- The Company reserves the right to use any photographs and videos taken during tours for marketing or any other advertising material. The client hereby gives consent to use such photographs and authorizes the Company to retain copyright for these photographs and such material.
- Unforeseen circumstances including but not limited to war, mechanical breakdowns, weather, riots and other unforeseen reasons beyond the control of the Company may cause delays or alterations to the tour. The Company shall not be held liable in any way for any of these possible occurrences or any consequences, which may arise as a result of these.
- All our prices are based on the current national park fees and taxes. There have been ongoing talks that East African countries will be undergoing changes to tax regulations in 2016. Should the authorities decide on increasing fees and taxes, even though they might currently not be scheduled, we would subsequently have to pass on these increases.