Tanzania Dar es Salaam
Dar es Salaam is the largest metropolis city on the East African coats, and the commercial centre of Tanzania with the finest natural harbours in the world. Inhabited by more than 2 million people and serving as a melting pot where many races, cultures, and different religions live in tranquility. Dar es Salaam coastal areas are famous to tourists for the following key activities along the beaches and coastal areas. Tanzania Dar es Salaam
1,350 sq. km
Location & Getting There
Dar es Salaam is located in the eastern part of the Tanzanian mainland at 6o51’S latitude and39o18’E longitude. The beach and shoreline comprise sand dunes and tidal swamps. Coastal plains composed of limestone extend 10 km to the west of the city, 2‐8 km to the north, and 5‐8 km to the south.
Getting there can be by:-
- Speed Boats from Zanzibar
- Scheduled flight International and from Arusha, Mwanza, Mbeya, Mtwara and Kilimanjaro Airports
- By road from up country towns.
What to do
- Explore the beautiful beaches
- Visit the centuries old Arabic architecture and the ambiance
When to go
- All time around the year. Tanzania “Dar es Salaam” . Tanzania “Dar es Salaam”