Zanzibar, a Stone-town was awarded status as a World Heritage Site in 2000. It is a spectacular island of spices worldwide leading to its famous name, “Spice Islands”.
Tourists flock to Zanzibar for the beautiful beaches, snorkeling, spice tours, centuries old Arabic architecture and the ambiance that isn’t replicated anywhere in the world.
Zanzibar is famous from the following:-
- Used to be the center of East African slave trade
- Famous for representing Arab culture, the quaint shops and bazaars, and it’s spicy cuisine, and buildings and palaces
- Interesting flora and fauna – Jozani Forest and Musingini Forest Reserve
- Slave caves at Mangapwani
- Spice tour
- Deep harbor with modern and traditional vessels
- Beautiful white, sandy beaches
1,500 sq. km
Location & Getting There
The Island is located on the Eastern side of Tanzania about 96.7 from the Tanzania mainland [Dar es Salaam]. Getting there can be by:-
- Speed Boats from Dar es Salaam,
- Scheduled flight from KIA(Kilimanjari International Airport), Arusha Airport, Mwanza Airport,
Mbeya Airport, Mtwara Airport and Dar es Salaam Airport.
What to do
- Explore the beautiful beaches
- Spice tours
- Visit the centuries old Arabic architecture and the ambiance
When to go
ZANZIBAR TOUR ITINERARIES